I have been getting a lot of questions about starting a YouTube Channel. I thought it would be nice for me to answer some questions on my blog:)
Do I need a nice camera?
Well for starters you can use your phone (smartphone) or even a point a shoot camera. If you know you're going to be very serious with this I recommend an HD Camera. Any will do:) I got mine YEARS ago at Frys and it was an open box item but I really wanted to have a camera with a view finder. The camera I have is a Canon VIXIA HFR10. It's outdated but hey it's HD and it works:)
Should I show my face or just my hands?
For this I say whatever you are comfortable with. I just showed my face by accident then it stuck. haha. If you look at my earlier videos, I started with showing my hands and like I said by accident I started filming with my face showing and people seemed to like it best haha! But that is really UP TO YOU :)
How do you get followers?
I get asked this question A LOT. And to be honest, just keep doing videos, interact with other YouTubers:) It will come little by little. I used to do makeup videos and I barely had any followers so, when I started my craft channel I wasn't sure how I would do but I stayed true to myself and most of all I HAVE FUN and people see that:)
Do I have to do hauls like you in order to get followers?
Not at all. I just haul a lot because I'm crazy addicted and also because I am still building my inventory since I am still kinda new to this crafting world. You don't have to haul, keep showing your beautiful projects and people will love it:) I will say this again, you have to HAVE FUN and BE YOURSELF:) That's something money can't buy:)
How do you deal with negative/hater comments?
Plain and simple, I just don't:) Sometimes yes, it gets to me and you would not believe what people are able to say behind a computer screen. But I just don't answer because it's not worth my time or yours:) Remember that you are doing this for fun:)
How often should I upload videos?
That really depends on you. I upload everyday because I have time (I'm a stay at home wife :)) and because I love doing it, it's so much fun plus, it helps me connect with my viewers more often:)
Which editing program do you use for your videos?
I use imovie. I love the simplicity of it and they have really cool stuff you can add to your videos. For PC, you can use windows movie maker. I'm not sure how to use that program since I am a Mac and not a PC.
I think I covered questions I get asked the most:) Here is my very first video, I look a mess but hey, it was my first! haha! Now I look at it and I'm like, WHAT WAS I THINKING!? A good reminder that I didn't start my videos perfectly:)
If you've been thinking about making videos, DO IT!! I encourage you 100% it's fun and you get to meet amazing people, i know I have:))
Remember, HAVE FUN & BE YOURSELF every one else is taken:)
*Crafty Hugs*
Great post, I have a youtube channel too, but I've only uploaded to it twice. I just figure I don't have anything to say to people that they want to hear. But after reading you blog post I think I might give it a go soon. Also looking into Etsy. Sigh, need to do something to justify all the crafty goodness I buy :O)
ReplyDeleteI uploaded my first one, well two I had to cut it and I was immediatly freaking out. Thinking I sound dumb, this was a stupid idea, but this morning I woke up to a new subby, and after reading this I feel much better and am ready to do more. I've been blogging for about four years, but I went a little MIA for a year. Hope you enjoy the blogging world!
ReplyDelete